Personal Fitness Trainer
Program Consumer Information
Please Note: We are no longer enrolling for this program.
Enjoy working with people & considering training for a health and fitness career?
Graduates of the Personal Fitness Trainer program are prepared for the following recognized occupation (as defined by O*NET-SOC codes, which are used by workforce professionals to create job orders):
39-9031.00 – Fitness Trainers and Aerobic Instructors
The Consumer Information on this page is reported according to the requirements of our accreditation organization, the ACCSC (Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges). You can view Gainful Employment disclosures for this program at: http://www.mtti.edu/programs/personal-fitness-trainer/gainful-employment-disclosure .
Graduation and Employment Rates
Accredited Career and Technical Schools are held to high standards of graduation and employment. We calculate on-time program completion and employment according to the formula established by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
The ACCSC sets as a benchmark a minimum of 70% training related employment for each program each year. We strive to meet and exceed this benchmark for every program each year.
MTTI’s goal is education for employment. We assist each graduate for as long as they are interested in and willing to seek employment; therefore the employment numbers and percentages are not necessarily final. As graduates continue to seek work and enter into employment, employment percentages can increase.
We recognize there are many reasons that a graduate might not go into program-related employment directly after school. MTTI counts as employed only those graduates whose employment can be verified in occupations related to the program of study. We do not count as employed those graduates who choose not to obtain employment at this time, or who remain in or return to their past (non-training-related jobs).
In calculating employment percentages, we can remove from the total count, graduates* who:
- Pursue additional education at another school (and are not working)
- Enter the military (unless they accept program-related work within the military)*
- Are unable to work while ill or injured
* Verified by death certificate, physician's note confirming permanent or long-term disability, documentation of military service or proof of continuing education.
MTTI is proud of our many successfully employed graduates. To learn how students were prepared for successful employment, please see the Personal Fitness Trainer program page and read our graduates’ Success Stories.
Program Year: 2016-2017* [*This report is a "snapshot" of all students who entered, graduated and were employed during the program year.]
- 14 students graduated; 11 were hired. One person was verified as not available for placement. The employment rate for the Personal Fitness Trainer program for the program year 2016-2017 is 79%.
*According to ACCSC standards, graduation and employment rates are reported behind the current program year, to give graduates time to obtain employment.
On-time Completion Rate
The on-time completion rate is the number of students who completed the program within the normal time during each program year. Because the rate is calculated based on the date originally scheduled for completion, the on-time completion rate will be affected by:
- Class cancellations due to inclement weather
- Students who successfully graduate after taking a Leave-of-Absence (LOA) due to documented medical issues or a death in the family, etc.
- Students who transferred to a part-time program and subsequently graduated.
On-time Completion Rate Current Program Year: 2017-2018
- The on-time completion rate for the Personal Fitness Trainer program during the program year 2017-2018 is 100%.
Cost for the Personal Fitness Trainer Technician Program
Please note: We have discontinued the PFT Program and are no longer enrolling new students.
The tuition, supplies and fees for this program during 2018-2019* are:
- $50 for the Application Fee
- $100 for Textbooks/Supplies
- $15,450 for Tuition*
Median Loan Debt
The median loan debt incurred by students who will complete the Personal Fitness Trainer program during 2017-2018 is broken down into several categories.
- The Title IV loan debt (amount borrowed) is $5,590.00
- The private education loan debt (amount borrowed) is $0
- The amount owed on MTTI institutional finance plans is $0