Marine Service Technician
Program Consumer Information
Interested in a Career Working on Boats and Being on the Water?
Graduates of the Marine Service Technician program are prepared for the following recognized occupations (as defined by O*NET–SOC codes, which are used by workforce professionals to create job orders):
- 49-3051.00 - Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians
SOC O*NET Code
- 49-3051.00 - Motorboat Mechanics
For a description of each category, please go to: http://online.onetcenter.org/crosswalk/
Successful participation in this program enables you to apply for entry-level positions including the following:
- Marine Service Technician
- Engine Mechanic (Inboard and Outboard Motors)
- Outboard Mechanic
- Inboard Mechanic
- Stern Drive Mechanic
- Parts Sales Person
Graduation and Employment Rates
Accredited Career and Technical Schools are held to high standards of graduation and employment. We calculate on-time program completion and employment according to the formula established by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
The ACCSC sets as a benchmark a minimum of 70% training related employment for each program each year. We strive to meet and exceed this benchmark for every program each year.
MTTI’s goal is education for employment. We assist each graduate for as long as they are interested in and willing to seek employment; therefore the employment numbers and percentages are not necessarily final. As graduates continue to seek work and enter into employment, employment percentages can increase.
We recognize there are many reasons that a graduate might not go into program-related employment directly after school. MTTI counts as employed only those graduates whose employment can be verified in occupations related to the program of study. We do not count as employed those graduates who choose not to obtain employment at this time, or who remain in or return to their past (non-training-related jobs).
In calculating employment percentages, we can remove from the total count, graduates* who:
- Pursue additional education at another school (and are not working
- Enter the military (unless they accept program-related work within the military)*
- Are unable to work while ill or injured
*Verified by death certificate, physician's note confirming permanent or long-term disability, documentation of military service or proof of continuing education.
MTTI is proud of our many successfully employed graduates. To learn how we prepare students for successful employment, please see the Marine Service Technician program page and also read our graduates’ Success Stories.
Program Year: 2017-2018 [*This report is a "snapshot" of all students who entered, graduated and were employed during the program year]
- 14 students graduated; 13 were hired. The employment rate for the Marine Service Technician program during program year 2017-2018 is 93%
*According to ACCSC standards, graduation and employment rates are reported behind the current program year, to give graduates time to obtain employment. Daytime program statistics are for students enrolled between June 1, 2017 - May 31, 2018.
On-time Completion Rate
The on-time completion rate is the number of students who completed the program with in the normal time during each program year. Because the rate is calculated based on the date originally scheduled for completion, the on-time completion rate will be affected by:
- Class cancellations due to inclement weather
- Students who successfully graduate after taking a Leave-of-Absence (LOA) due to documented medical issues or a death in the family, etc.
- Students who transferred to a part-time program and subsequently graduated
On-time Completion Rate Program Year: 2017-2018
- The on-time completion rate for the Marine Service Technician program for the program year 2017-2018 is 100%.
Cost for the Marine Service Technician program
Costs listed for this program are tuition and fees before any Title IV funding loans are applied. Most students qualify for loan and/or grant assistance. Tuition and supplies for this is program during 2019-2020 are:
- $50 for the Application Fee
- $100 for Textbook/Supplies
- $16,650 for Tuition (includes a tool kit upon obtaining verified training-related employment)
Median Loan Debt
The median loan debt incurred by students who completed the Marine Service Technician program during 2017-2018 is broken down into several categories:
- The Title IV median loan debt (amount borrowed) is $0
- The private education loan debt (amount borrowed) is $0
- The amount owed on MTTI institutional finance plans is $0