Computer Service Technician/Network Installer
Program Details & Tool Bonus Information
Computer Service Support Technicians are in Demand
Information technology is essential to business. Computer support specialists are needed to resolve problems as organizations continuously expand their use of increasingly complex technology.
High Demand Skills
New: Windows 10 training, plus Apple iMac/iPad and Android Configuration and Support
- Introduction to the Industry
- PC Components and Assembly
- Installing, Configuring and Managing Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP Clients and Windows 2012R2/2012/2008R2/2008 Servers
- New Technology: iMac, iPad and Android Configuration and Maintenance
- Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting of: Hard Drives, SSDs, IDE, SATA, Optical Media, Motherboards, Memory, Firmware, Sound Cards, Cables, Connectors, Display Adapters, Monitors and Printers
- Installation, configuration and use of Windows applications, including Microsoft Office
- PC Upgrades and Maintenance
- Security, including Anti-virus, Anti-spyware and Firewalls
- VoIP hardware and software
- Troubleshooting Methods and Resources
- Customer Service Fundamentals
- Introduction to Networking and Data Communications: LAN's, WAN's, Wireless Networking, Switches, Routers, Modems and the Internet
- Understanding Network Basics: Network Types, Topologies, Media Types, the OSI Model and Network Protocols
- Peer to Peer Networking: NIC Installation, NOS Configuration and CAT 5e/6 Cables
- Installing and Configuring Clients and Servers, Managing the Networked Environment, Active Directory, Using System Utilities and Command Line
- Intranets and TCP/IP Networking Including DHCP, DNS and VPN.
- Introduction to Linux
- Job Search, Resume and Internship
- CompTIA A+ Service Technician Certification Preparation
Computer Service Technician/Network Installer students complete 120 hours of internship during the last weeks of their program. Students are supported by instructors and Career Services in finding internships for computer repair or IT support solutions. Successful internships provide a positive reference for future employment; students may also receive an offer of employment at the internship site.
Computer Service Technician/Network Installer graduates who obtain verified training-related employment within 90-days of graduation are eligible to keep the personal computer they built in class. Graduates who meet the terms of the Tool Bonus Policy will receive, with the computer, a keyboard, monitor and mouse, and the Microsoft software that they used during the program. The complete Tool Bonus Policy is outlined in the Student Orientation Booklet. Please see an Admissions Representative for the complete Tool Bonus Policy.
Faculty & Staff
MTTI Computer Service Technician/ Network Installer Instructors are highly experienced IT professionals with numerous CompTIA and Microsoft certifications, including A+, Network+, MCTS, MCITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE and MOS. Each instructor meets the standards of approval set by the Massachusetts Office of Private Occupational School Education (OSE) within the Division of Professional Licensure (DPL) and the ACCSC (the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.) MTTI Instructors and Staff work together with Career Service specialists to assist students in pursuing their career goals.
Students who successfully complete the 900-hour program will receive a Computer Service Technician/Network Installer Diploma. Each of MTTI’s programs has been approved by the Massachusetts state education agency and the ACCSC (the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.)
Costs for 2016-2017 tuition, fees and supplies, before any Title IV funding loans are applied are listed on the Consumer Information Page for this program.
For information on graduation rates, median debt of graduates completing this program and other important information, please visit the Program Consumer Information page.
For Gainful Employment information about this program, view the Gainful Employment Disclosure for the Computer Service Technician/Network Installer program.