Career Paths & Consumer Information for the Medical Assistant Program
Interested in providing care for patients in a medical career?
Students completing the Medical Assistant program work in many general and specialty medical settings, including internal medicine, family medicine, women's care, pediatrics, neurology, oncology, bariatric surgery, gastroenterology, endocrinology, dermatology, ophthalmology, and urgent care medicine. Graduates of the Medical Assistant program are prepared for the following recognized occupations (as defined by O*NET–SOC codes, which are used by workforce professionals to create job orders):
- 31-9092.00 - Medical Assistant
- 31-9097.00 - Phlebotomist*
For a description of each category, please go to: http://online.onetcenter.org/crosswalk/
Successful participation in this program enables you to apply for entry-level positions including the following:
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Outpatient Surgery Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Patient Service Representative
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Secretary
- Hospital Unit Secretary
- EKG Technician
*May need to pass the Registered
Phlebotomy exam after meeting
optional venipuncture and
capillary stick requirements
in MTTI's program
Women's Care (RI)
Bayside OB GYN
| || |
Natasha Proctor Flemming
University Medical Group
Women's Health Service (MA)
Dr. Mortada & Dr.El Zaru
Graduation and Employment Rates
Accredited Career and Technical Schools are held to high standards of graduation and employment. We calculate on-time program completion and employment according to the formula established by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The ACCSC sets as a benchmark a minimum of 70% training related employment for each program each year.
MTTI’s goal is education for employment. We count as employed only those graduates whose employment can be verified in occupations related to the program of study. We understand the value of continuing education after completing a program at MTTI, and also recognize there are many reasons that a graduate might not go into program-related employment directly after school. However, we do not count as employed those graduates who:
- Pursue additional education at another school (and do not work)*
- Enter the military (unless they accept program-related work within the military)*
- Are unable to work while ill or injured*
- Remain in or return to their past (non-related) jobs
- Move and/or change contact information and can not be reached to obtain their employment information
- Are not seeking employment while handling special family needs
- Choose (for other reasons) not to obtain employment at this time
*We can remove someone from the total number of graduates after obtaining (where possible) specific documentation (e.g., death certificate, physician's note confirming permanent or long-term disability, documentation of military service, proof of continuing education).
Current Program Year: 2012-2013 & Evening 2011-2012
- 41 students graduated; 29 were hired in training-related positions. The employment rate for the Medical Assistant program during 2012-2013 is 71%.
- 11 evening students graduated; 8 were hired in training-related positions. The employment rate for the Medical Assistant students for program year 2011-2012 is 73%. (*This reflects students enrolled between 7/1/11 and 6/30/12. This is a 75-week, part-time program. Therefore students from 10-11 may be enrolled.)
Past Program Years
- 37 students graduated; 29 were hired in training-related positions. The employment rate for the Medical Assistant program during 2011-12 is 78%
- 4 evening students graduated; 2 were hired in training-related positions. The employment rate for the Medical Assistant evening students during 2010-11 is 50%. (*This reflects students enrolled between 7/1/10 and 6/30/11. This is a 75-week, part-time program. Therefore students from 09-10 may be enrolled.)
- Of 34 graduates 29 were hired in training-related positions. The employment rate for the Medical Assistant program for program year 2010-2011 is 85%.
- Of 6 graduates from the Medical Assistant evening program 09-10*, 4 were hired in training-related positions. The employment rate for the Medical Assistant evening program year 2009-2010 is 67%. (*This reflects students enrolled between 7/1/09 and 6/30/10. This is a 60-week, part-time program. Therefore students from 08-09 may be enrolled.)
We strive to meet and exceed ACCSC's benchmark of 70% training related employment for every program each year. However, the actual percentage of graduates employed (in both training related and non-related occupations) may be higher than training related employment alone. We assist each graduate for as long as they are interested in and willing to seek employment; therefore the employment numbers and percentages are not necessarily final. As graduates continue to seek work and enter into employment, employment percentages can increase.
MTTI is proud of our many successfully employed graduates. To learn how we prepare students for successful employment, please see the Medical Assistant program page and also read our graduates’ Success Stories.
On-time Completion Rate
The on-time completion rate is the number of students who completed the program within the normal time during the most recent program year (for which information is available). There may be additional students that successfully graduated after taking a Leave-of-Absence (LOA) because they had documented medical issues or a death in the family, etc. There may also be additional students who transferred to a part-time program and subsequently graduated. These graduates are not figured into the on-time graduation rate.
Current Program Year: 2013-2014:
- Of the 50 students who began the program, 41 graduated, resulting in a 82% graduation rate. 38 of the 41 students that graduated during the 2013-2014 program year completed on-time. Therefore, the
on-time completion rate for the Medical Assistant program for the program year 2013-2014 is 93%.
- Of the 52 students who began the (day and evening) program, 48 graduated, resulting in a 92% graduation rate. 41 of the 48 students that graduated during the 2012-2013 program year completed on-time. Therefore, the on-time completion rate for the Medical Assistant program for program year 2012-2013 is 85%
- The on-time completion rate for this program 2011-2012 is 81%. The total graduation rate for this program during 2011-2012 is 76%.
- The on-time completion rate for this program during 2010-2011 is 35%. The total graduation rate for program this program during 2010-2011 is 81%. (*The 35% on-time completion rate for this program reflects, in part, class cancellations due to weather, which extended the program past the original graduation date.)
- The on-time completion rate for this program during 2009-2010 is 21%. The total graduation rate for this program during 2009-2010 is 85%.
- The on-time completion rate for the evening program during 2009-2010 is 67%.
- The on-time completion rate for this program during 2008-2009 is 86%. The total graduation rate for this program during 2008-2009 is 80%.
- The on-time completion rate for the evening program during 2008-2009 is 75%.
Cost for the Medical Assistant Program
Costs listed for this program are tuition and fees before any Title IV funding loans are applied. Most students qualify for loan and/or grant assistance. Tuition and supplies for this is program during 2014-2015* are:
- $50 for the Application Fee
- $100.00 for Textbooks/Supplies
- $14,800 for Tuition (includes scrubs/uniforms,and a Littmann Stethoscope upon obtaining verified training related employment)
*NOTE: According to the Gainful Employment regulations, the GE chart reports tuition and books/supplies for 2012-2013. The 2014-2015 costs shown above are the ones currently in effect for incoming students.
Median Loan Debt
The median loan debt incurred by students who completed the Medical Assistant program during 2013-2014 is broken down into several categories:
- The Title IV loan debt (amount borrowed) is $9122.00
- The private education loan debt (amount borrowed) is $0
- The amount owed on MTTI institutional finance plans is $0