Looking for hands-on training to begin a career that can't be outsourced?
Students completing the Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician program will be prepared for entry-level position installing, maintaining and repairing HVAC/R equipment. Graduates of the HVAC/R Technician program are prepared for the following recognized occupations (as defined by SOC and O*NET–SOC codes, which are used by workforce professionals to create job orders):
2010 SOC Codes
- 49-9021.00 Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
2010 O*NET SOC Codes
- 49-9021.01 Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers
- 49-9021.02 Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
For a description of each category, please go to: http://online.onetcenter.org/crosswalk/
Graduation and Employment Rates
Accredited Career and Technical Schools are held to high standards of graduation and employment. We calculate on-time program completion and employment according to the formula established by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The ACCSC sets as a benchmark a minimum of 70% training related employment for each program each year.
MTTI’s goal is education for employment. We count as employed only those graduates whose employment can be verified in occupations related to the program of study. We understand the value of continuing education after completing a program at MTTI, and also recognize there are many reasons that a graduate might not go into program-related employment directly after school. However, we do not count as employed those graduates who:
- Pursue additional education at another school (and do not work)*
- Enter the military (unless they accept program-related work within the military)*
- Are unable to work while ill or injured*
- Remain in or return to their past (non-related) jobs
- Move and/or change contact information and can not be reached to obtain their employment information
- Are not seeking employment while handling special family needs
- Choose (for other reasons) not to obtain employment at this time
*We can remove someone from the total number of graduates after obtaining (where possible) specific documentation (e.g., death certificate, physician's note confirming permanent or long-term disability, documentation of military service, proof of continuing education).
Current Program Year 2012-2013
- 23 students graduated; 22 students were hired in training-related positions. The employment rate for the HVAC/R program for the program year 2012-2013 is 96%.
We strive to meet and exceed ACCSC's benchmark of 70% training related employment for every program each year. However, the actual percentage of graduates employed (in both training related and non-related occupations) may be higher than training related employment alone. We assist each graduate for as long as they are interested in and willing to seek employment; therefore the employment numbers and percentages are not necessarily final. As graduates continue to seek work and enter into employment, employment percentages can increase.
MTTI is proud of our many successfully employed graduates in the other eight programs. In adding a new HVAC/R Technician program, modeled on the same educational goals and standards, we expect these graduates will achieve similar outcomes. To learn how we will prepare students for successful employment, please see the HVAC/R Technician program page.
On-time Completion Rate
The on-time completion rate is the number of students who completed the program within the normal time during the most recent program year (for which information is available). There may be additional students that successfully graduated after taking a Leave-of-Absence (LOA) because they had documented medical issues or a death in the family, etc. There may also be additional students who transferred to a part-time program and subsequently graduated. These graduates are not figured into the on-time graduation rate.
Current Program Year: 2013-2014
- Of the 53 students who began the program, 47 graduated, resulting in a 87% graduation rate. 44 of the 47 students that graduated during the 2013-2014 program year completed on-time. Therefore, the
on-time completion rate for the HVAC/R Technician program for the program year 2013-2014 is 94%.
Cost for the HVAC/R Technician Program
The tuition, supplies and fees for this program during 2015-2016* are:
- $50 for the Application Fee
- $100 for Textbooks/Supplies
- $15,750 for Tuition
*NOTE: According to the Gainful Employment regulations, the GE chart reports tuition and books/supplies for 2013-2014. The 2015-2016 costs shown above are the ones currently in effect for incoming students.
Median Loan Debt
The median loan debt incurred by students who will complete the HVAC/R Technician program is broken down into several categories. The median loan debt for 2013-2014 is:
- The Title IV loan debt (amount borrowed) is $9500.00
- The private education loan debt (amount borrowed) is $0
- The amount owed on MTTI institutional finance plans is $0
*Financial Aid may be available, if you qualify. To meet with a Financial Aid Administrator to explore all your financing options, please contact an Admissions Representative.